Feb 22, 2010

Wu-Massacre

Holding your breath for a hip hop release is likely to kill you. So while I'm certainly excited about the prospect of this hydra-headed Wu project featuring Method Man, Ghostface Killah, and Raekwon, I certainly wasn't going to get my hopes up too high. But now comes word that Wu-Massacure is actually going to happen. In fact, it's going to happen on March 30, courtesy of Def Jam. And, to make it even better, the album art is aggressively awesome.

Take a peek at the album by sampling "Meth vs Chef Part 2," a sequel 15 years in the making. The song, while not perfect (the song abruptly ends and a ludicrously stoned Meth cracks yo mama jokes) , is just one more instance of the admirable work ethic of the Clan. Raekwon, in particular, continues to add to his revitalized career by continuing to sound as hungry as he did on the second verse of "Bring Da Ruckus." I would love to announce 10 months from now that Raekwon was involved with the best hip hop album of the year for the second year in a row. I'm holding my breath . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment