Jan 14, 2010

Dry Hump

mp3: Twin Sister "Dry Hump"

"Dry Hump" is a pretty incredible title for a song. The phrase is embarrassingly accurate, and the words still ring with shame and frustration. So, when I first saw the title of the song, I was hoping for a much needed ode to the most desperate move in a teenager's erotic repertoire. I didn't quite get that. Instead, I got a strangely addictive song that is as cute as it is cold: "If you're all alone/Bring over your bone[pause]s/and [pause] pay me/Anyway [?] you want to/Pay me." Those are some tantalizing lines that I don't quite understand, but the subtle pauses absolutely make the song for me.

Go grab "Dry Hump" and 3 other songs on a free EP entitled Vampires with Dreaming Kids from the band's homepage.

Later (March), the fivesome from NYC are going to be releasing another EP on Infinite Best Recordings. Go reserve a copy because come SXSW these guys are going to be everywhere. There's even a (shockingly well-produced) trailer for the EP, which you can watch below.

Color Your Life from Twin Sister on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment